A crunchy, summery salad full of green goodness. The perfect mid morning pick me up to fuel your brain. Don’t forget to serve with a portion of protein to ensure this salad keeps you full and satisfied! We suggest adding puy lentils for a nutty taste, chickpeas for a protein punch or quinoa drizzled with lime juice for a tangy, filling bowl.
Giant Greens Salad
Cost per serving: £1.55
- 2 large handfuls Salad base (kale, spinach, rocket or romaine lettuce, or a mix of all three!)
- 50g Fine Green Beans, trimmed
- 50g Sugarsnap peas
- 50g Broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 red chilli, sliced
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Step 1 Boil a pan of water and add broccoli, green beans and sugarsnap peas for 3 minutes. Drain the vegetables and blanch in a bowl of ice cold water, leave to one side.
- Step 2 Add your salad base to a mixing bowl and add the lime juice, garlic, ginger, oil and soy sauce.
- Step 3 To marinate the flavours into the salad you need to get your hands dirty! Massage the sauce into the leaves for a couple of minutes.
- Step 4 Top with the drained, blanched vegetables, sliced chilli, fresh coriander and serve with a protein source of your choice.