A Mediterranean feast of crispy sweet potato wedges topped with crispy chickpeas, crisp cucumber and fresh parsley tossed in a creamy dressing. Perfect for al fresco summer nights! This recipe serves 2 so that we waste less food, we suggest putting the second serving in Tupperware to eat for lunch the next day.
Crispy Chickpea and Sweet potato Salad
Cost per serving: 95p
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 4 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- Fresh parsley
- 100g cucumber, diced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lemon
- 50g yoghurt
- Step 1 Microwave the sweet potato wedges for 8 minutes, this halves the roasting time.
- Step 2 Coat the wedges in olive oil and 2 tsp of paprika and 2 tsp of the ground cumin. Place in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil and the remaining 2 tsp paprika and 2 tsp ground cumin with the chickpeas. Place in a deep baking try, spread the chickpeas out and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Step 4 Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the mushrooms. Stir-fry on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until soft and charred.
- Step 5 Once everything is cooked, combine all of the cooked ingredients and salad ingredients onto two plates.
- Step 6 Combine the juice of the lemon, yoghurt and salt and pepper in a bowl to make the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad.