Given up fish and miss your tuna sandwich fix, but want something that’s better for the planet, your belly and your pocket? Try these chickpea ‘tuna’ wraps! Perfect to eat on-the-go without stinking out the library. Just a few cheap ingredients make this a hearty, filling lunch that’s easy to prepare the night before.
Chickpea Tuna Salad Wrap
Cost per serving: 63p
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 1/2 tin of chickpeas in water
- 30g frozen sweetcorn, or 1/4 canned sweetcorn
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dairy free yoghurt
- Salad bits: spinach/lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion
- Step 1 Drain the chickpeas, dry with kitchen towel and mash them well in a mixing bowl. If you have time, try removing the skins off the chickpeas for a better mash consistency.
- Step 2 Fold in the sweetcorn (heat in the microwave if frozen, drain if from a can), yoghurt, soy sauce, plenty of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Step 3 Prepare your salad ingredients.
- Step 4 Place the chickpea mash in the wrap with the salad ingredients.
- Step 5 Fold over the short sides of the wrap and tightly fold the long edge over. Wrap in foil if eating for lunch the following day or devour now if you’re hungry!