When I have a load of veggies looking like they’re nearing their expiry date, I actually get excited. Why? Because. Noodles. Soy sauce. 2 of my favourite things! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
*The ‘stir’ in stir fry insinuates that you need to stir continuously throughout cooking, in a sort of tossing motion. Don’t forget that!*
Veggie Stir Fry
Cost per serving: £0.91
- 200 g rice noodles
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1tbs grated ginger
- 2 tbs veg oil (I used coconut)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 125 g mushrooms (about 1/2 a pack)
- 1 chive stalk
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- Step 1 Chop all veggies into chunky pieces.
- Step 2 Put noodles to boil for about 4 minutes.
- Step 3 Heat oil over a medium-high flame in a pan (or wok) and add onions, garlic and ginger.
- Step 4 When onions have softened, add carrots and bell peppers. Stir for a few minutes.
- Step 5 Add mushrooms and continue stirring
- Step 6 Turn the fire off and then mix in the lettuce pieces
- Step 7 Drain the noodles and mix into the vegetables along with the soy sauce.
- Step 8 Serve and enjoy!