Ultimate Burger Stack with Sweet Potato Fries
Yep this is the one – the burger that features in our campaign video (click here if you haven’t seen it!) A kidney bean burger patty stacked high with creamy avocado and crunchy slaw, with a side of crispy baked sweet potato fries.
Now we know this isn’t the typical student meal you’d create, so either club together as a house/halls of residence group to assign the burger to one person, and the wedges to somebody else etc. Or simply remove the garnishes and make a big batch of burgers! Those frozen sweet potato wedges you can buy work just as well too!
Ultimate Burger Stack with Sweet Potato Fries, Crunchy Slaw and Creamy Avocado Smash
Cost per serving: £1.80
- (Burger buns):
- 1 can of red kidney beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion
- 80g sweetcorn, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp (30g) oats
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 burger buns
- (Sweet potato wedges):
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into large wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- (For the crunchy slaw)
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- (For the chunky avocado smash)
- 1 large avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- Step 1 Turn on your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Step 2 Place the sweet potato wedges on a microwavable plate and microwave for 8 minutes. This halves the roasting time.
- Step 3 Once microwaved, coat in the oil and paprika and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Place the burger patty ingredients (except the buns and lettuce) into a blender and blend until fully mixed. Mash with a potato masher if you don’t have a blender!
- Step 5 Form your burger patty mix into four patties, and place in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping after the first ten minutes.
- Step 6 Slaw prep: combine the slaw ingredients and use your hands to massage the ingredients together.
- Step 7 Avocado prep: mash one half of the avocado, and chop the other half into 1cm cubes. Combine the two mixes together with the yoghurt and some salt and pepper.
- Step 8 STACK YOUR BURGER! Slice the burger buns in half and layer up in this order: lettuce, slaw, burger patty, avocado and burger bun top.
- Step 9 Enjoy!