Wanna treat your friends or significant other to a healthy, boujee breakfast that can be whipped up in a few minutes? Check this one out!
Poached Eggs & Asparagus Toast
Cost per serving:£2.20
- 2 slices of toast
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 8 stalks asparagus
- Step 1 In a wide pot over medium-high heat, boil asparagus stalks in water until soft (about 6 minutes).
- Step 2 Add asparagus to a pan with olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat and stir for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Set asparagus atop of two pieces of toast.
- Step 4 Heat a pot of water (I used the same water from the asparagus) until it simmers.
- Step 5 One at a time, crack eggs into a bowl and pour into water, and leave for 3-4 minutes.
- Step 6 Scoop out using a slotted spoon and place on top of bread and asparagus.
- Step 7 Add salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Step 8 Enjoy!