It doesn’t need to be Shrove Tuesday to eat these lemon pancakes. This impressive pancake stack is the perfect Saturday morning brunch to share with your housemates, are super cheap to make and far healthier than a bacon sandwich! We love topping ours with lemon juice and strawberries, but you could use whichever toppings you have to hand such as banana, berries, honey or even Nutella!
Cost per serving: 80p
- 250ml almond or soy milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp oil
- Step 1 Stir the flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Step 2 Add the milk and oil and mix well.
- Step 3 Take one quarter of the lemon and squeeze the juice in, alongside a beaten egg.
- Step 4 Whip the batter quickly to make it fluffy and full of air bubbles.
- Step 5 Heat some oil in a frying pan on a low-medium heat.
- Step 6 Once heated, add 3 tbsp of batter to the pan and tilt the pan to spread the batter.
- Step 7 One bubbles start appearing on the surface of your pancake, either flip over using a spatula or try your hand at flipping it in the pan yourself (good luck!)
- Step 8 Once cooked, place on a plate and repeat steps 6 & 7 until all of the batter is used up.
- Step 9 Serve with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and sugar, or whichever toppings you decide to use!