This porridge brings together fruits, veggies and warming immunity-boosting spices to prevent winter colds or to simply fuel you for a full day of studying. Putting grated courgette in porridge might seem a little strange, or something you’ve seen on the typical Instagram post, but truthfully: it doesn’t change the porridge flavour, it gets in 1 of your 5 a day, it’s high in Vitamin C and bulks out the porridge bowl to make you feel fuller all morning!
Not got time to cook in the mornings? Combine the ingredients in tupperware the night before and eat cold the next day! Lasts up to 3 days in the fridge. Try it and let us know what you think in the comments section or share it on social media with the hashtag #WorthMyEarth
Immunity Boosting Porridge
Cost per serving: 65p
- 50g oats
- 50g courgette, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 150ml soy milk
- 1/4 tsp each of: cinnamon, ground ginger, mixed spice
- 50g frozen berries (optional)
- 50g soy yoghurt (optional)
- Step 1 Place the oats in a pan with the courgette, apple, milk and spices. Add some cold water to cover.
- Step 2 Bring to a simmer on a low-medium heat and stir frequently for 5-7 minutes until the oats have softened.
- Step 3 Top with a dash of cinnamon, and the berries and yoghurt if using.