The ideal post-gym munch or pre-library fuel! These oats can be made the night before and stored in Tupperware so that you can take it on the go, or simply take out the fridge in the morning and eat before you leave. We love to make a big batch of this and eat it over 3-4 mornings! We’ve topped ours with yoghurt, peanut butter and berry compote (simply mixed berries stewed in a pan with chia seeds) but you could top with whatever you have in the fridge, banana tastes great with chocolate oats!
Chocolate Oats on-the go
Cost per serving: 20p
- 50g oats
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 175ml dairy free milk (soy, almond or cashew work great)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Step 1 Mix the oats, cacao powder and cinnamon.
- Step 2 Add the milk and stir thoroughly. Adding more milk or water to cover if necessary.
- Step 3 Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Step 4 Top with your choice of fresh fruit before eating.