These banana bread bars are perfect to fuel you through long library sessions, in-between lectures or slathered in peanut butter for a filling breakfast on the go. We made this with just 3 simple ingredients so this recipe couldn’t be simpler, cheaper or healthier but feel free to add in whatever you have in your kitchen cupboard: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, apricots or cranberries would be delicious in this recipe.
Banana Bread Snack Bars
Cost per serving: 17p!
- 2 large bananas (the riper, the sweeter, the better!)
- Handful of raisins (or one small 15g snack box)
- 75g oats
- Step 1 Thoroughly mash the bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Step 2 Fold in the oats and raisins and mix well.
- Step 3 Add a dash of water if the mixture is too dry, add more oats if too wet.
- Step 4 Pour into a deep casserole dish, greased with fry light or some oil.
- Step 5 Bake in the oven for 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes until firm and lightly browned on top.
- Step 6 Leave to cool for 15 minutes before eating, or slice up, wrap in foil and refridgerate for later!
- Step 7 Bars will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.