If you like cake for breakfast, you’re going to love this. Try this twist on a traditional porridge recipe. You’ll need a little longer than 5 minutes for this, so perhaps save it for a Sunday brunch treat.
Cost per serving: 46p
- 50g Oats
- 150ml Soy milk
- 40g courgette, grated (optional - veggie boost that you can't taste!)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Step 1 Combine the oats, courgette, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Step 2 Mash half of the banana and add to the oat mix alongside the soy milk and mix well. Adding more milk or water if needed – the mixture should be covered but not watery.
- Step 3 Add the baking powder last and mix well.
- Step 4 Transfer the mix to an oven proof dish and top with the remaining banana slices.
- Step 5 Place in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 25 minutes.
- Step 6 Once browned at the top and the mixture feels firm, it’s ready to eat! This is a messy one so we suggest eating straight from the dish, but use a tray and a towel and be careful not to burn yourself.
- Step 7 TIP! Washing this up can be tricky, soak in fairy liquid and hot water for 15 minutes first!